- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 Pack white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp. dried dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the vegetable stock:
- Heat 4 cups water.
- Add 1 roughly sliced carrot, 1 quartered onion, 4 cloves garlic, 1inch piece ginger, 2 celery with stalks chopped roughly.
- Boil this for 30 minutes covered. Drain the veggies and store the stock. This can be used in any soups and it stays in the deep fridge for upto a month.
For the soup:
- Heat butter in a heavy bottom pan or non-stick pan. Add diced onions and sliced mushrooms. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the veggies leave water and it dries up a bit.
- Now to this, add the flour and vegetable stock. Make sure to stir it so no lumps are formed.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to it and simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and parsley and serve hot.